!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: 2014 Speakers PHILIPS FB815 Digital, ready for foam surrounds replacement  (Read 26724 times)

Offline giavra

Good professional refoam, truly that speakers is count.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Good professional refoam, truly that speakers is count.

Only a Greek will understand that expression,
but yes those speakers they do measure-up as performers.    ;)

Now I am using them all day long at different volume according the time of the day,
the magic is that even at very lowest volume control position they do deliver fidelity.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline giavra

Yes and that affect the quality of the building of the speaker and the cross tuning that Philips make in these day's.
In now day's unfortunately the company that make and produce speakers ,sell them from many hundreds of  US$ or EU but it is very disappointed that in low volume their speakers don't sound enough well.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
in low volume their speakers don't sound enough well.

While I have not review (even in a shop) any newest speakers system, most people admitting that newest speakers has less sound-engineering on them.

Just of curiosity I did search to find what crossover networks are in use today by known brands who has at list an history of 15 - 20 years.
My finding was dry capacitors, and inductors which seemed to be made by recycled copper which is not the best choice, because inner resistance is higher than if were used pure copper.

Another detail that possibly influences fidelity at low volume could be the rubber surrounds instead of foam surrounds.

And finally the quality of the cabinet it self, my speakers are made by MDF but even so there is lots of  engineering involved.

Up to date many friends of my and even customers had the chance to review my speakers, all of them were tremendously pleased,  these speakers maintain their fidelity from low volume ( like a person talking in a room) and by setting the volume control at 1/3 the sound is so powerful and uncompressed and also clear of distortion which makes you to stop needing more volume.

According to my benchmarks, at that sweet spot, the speakers is at just 40% driving power.
The woofer cartons move significant mass of air but gently and those foam surrounds does not even stretch.

It is the same feeling as to was an 2000 cc car engine running at just 140 Km/h , there is performance with out noise and lots of headroom to accelerate if you like so.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

Good evening. After many days of absence ,because my PC has a serious fault (it needs motherboard replacement), I return to posts, from another PC.
Regarding this topic, I have to admire the excellent work that Kiriakos done. The result was perfect and it doesnt seem to been repaired.
I found also this interesting for me, because I have a set of Roister Steles120 (Greek made speakers) since 1996, consist of vifa woofer, which needs foam surrounds replacement. So this topic is a complete tutorial for this repair.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Welcome back Giorgos !!

It looks that you did discover all ready the second part of this story  http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=940.0

Yes I did use my time productively when you were missing.   ;D ;D

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: 2014 Speakers PHILIPS FB815 Digital, ready for foam surrounds replacement
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2023, 01:21:15 AM »
Update..

Today that is nine years of time since past repair date (September 20 2014), the foam surrounds they now need to be replaced again.  :(

Really ?  Just nine years life cycle at a pair of speakers which they have never be abused at exceeding 50% of amplifier volume control capability.   

Heavily degraded is the pair of foam surrounds at mid-range drives, the foam surrounds for the woofer these are still holding. 

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix