!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Philips FV815 speaker stand DIY alternative (with Professional look) for FB815  (Read 10184 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I am up to test my skills as carpenter once more time, the kitchen bench wood cost me 15EUR and I was lucky finding it as single piece in a woods supply warehouse. The four large kitchen feet pipes I found them for free, even so I had to visit Praktiker so to buy few more of them and additional bits that I will need so to finish this project. Spend 55EUR so far, but the true cost of the materials is 80EUR at the store. It is an expensive experiment but I think that I am going to Win !  :)

The all idea is to come close to Philips FV815 stand but with three pipes instead of using wood.
The top base would be invisible under the speaker, I got two new 50cm long kitchen feet, and I will cut the other four larger ones at that size too.
Soft-Gell feet will be at the top plate, acting as isolation.
Harder - Gell feet (not plastic) will be placed at the bottom plate instead of spikes.

Definably it will be in the end, a simple good looking, and modernized speaker stand.
Dimensions:
Total height estimation 57cm
Center poles length: 50cm (H)
Top plate: 30 x 20cm (L/W)
Bottom plate: 35 x 33cm (L/W)

Speaker weight 13 Kilos.

Originally this Philips FV 815 stands are 45cm tall, but in my office this 57cm height plus the speakers height brings those tweeters at the proper height when I am on a chair.  ;) 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Just for reference I will add two pictures, the first is the Philips FV815 stand (1992) as it was originally planed to be.
Possibly later own Philips wanted to lower the cost and in their FV130 stand for Philips FB830 series, they had  use mixed steel and wood.
My design is going to be between those two worlds.  8)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Finally after one hour of careful planing I am ready to start cutting tomorrow.
I am using an old wooden drawer as base this would offer mechanical support in both edges, therefore I do not need a second person to hold the wood.

I did screw over the wood another wooden guide, straight lines with warranty.  ;)
Marked down all my cutting lines, and I did use masking tape over the good side of the wood so to avoid chipping.

I did everything by the book, it is 1:00am here, therefore in the new day I will continue my work.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Update from the battle zone.  8)

No matter how good cutting disc you have and even the by use of tape there is no chance to avoid sanding with No 80 grid sandpaper for a spotless finish.

To be continued ..  :)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
End of the journey ! It is incredible how the bass frequencies spread in the room with the new stands, I never though that it would be such a difference to the better.  8)

Party time with soft drinks  ;)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Final version after a bit of debug.  ;)

New features:
1) Extra stability
2) Speakers cables management
3) More elegant look

Offline giavra

Truly Nice work Kyriakos , it's a lovely stands with the speaker on them.
Speaker's look's great with them.
Congratulations !

giorgos

Congratulations, perfect work.
Professional look and useful too.
 In this kind of spekers the stand is valuable, because it improoves the efficiency in low frequencies by increasing vibrations.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Thanks people !! in my enthusiasm I forgot to add a picture of the finished product with the speaker on top of it.  :)

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix