!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Join in with your Power tools collection  (Read 5373 times)

giorgos

Join in with your Power tools collection
« on: December 21, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »
A recent topic from Kiriakos http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=708.msg1793#msg1793, gave me the idea to create this topic, relative with power-electric tools.

So lets start from my tools.
Back in 1995 when I was beginning to make my first steps in outdoor works (TV antenna installations) and as I was already making DIY electronic projects (amplifiers, speakers,etc.) it was required for me to buy a simple electric impact drill, because until then I was borrowing my father's Black&Decker electric drill.
So after a short market search ( internet these years was something "alien" for a common people, also internet trading/market simply didn't exist) I choose BOSCH as an acclaimed brand and particular PSB 500R.
A 500W electric drill with impact capability, rear/ front rotation and variable speed 0-2600 rpm.
Also its chuck, supported drills with max diameter of 13mm.

I bought it from a specialized tool store in the center of Athens, for about 16000 DRH (46,9 EURO) without carrying case (disadvantage..).
I completed my purchase with a simple plastic case, a set of air drills, and several wall/concrete drills with short and also long lengths, in order to drill walls from side to side for cable passing. I equipped it also with an extension wire with male-female outlet plug.

After few years I bought some HSS drills and also some long HSS drills  (20-30cm) in order to drill door/windows aluminum panels ,for passing alarm cables through them, as I had started to undertake alarm system installations too.
All of these years this tool was working fine, without any problem and it was really a worth purchase according its specifications and price. But my work requirements were getting bigger, and it was many cases that I had to drill concrete ,where PSB500 has difficulties there... A work partner has a rotary hammer drill and gave it to me to try it at a concrete drilling, and I really impressed. So the next aim had been set.
Recent at 2011, I finally decided to make the jump to professional series ,and bought the BOSCH GBH2-20 rotary hammer drill. I bought also some short BOSCH SDS drills, 3 long ones and an flat chisel.
It doesnt need to mention specifications etc, its easy for someone to find them now on internet.
I have only to mention that this tool gave me many solutions and my work became more efficient as concrete drilling is now a routine.
And as well the word "complete" in technical jobs doesn't exist, I am planning to buy a wireless Li-ion tool for light works ( drilling / screw driving) in places without AC outlet. My most possible choice is BOSCH GSR 1800 (professional series).http://www.bosch-professional.com/middleeast2/en/ocs/tools/101327/33417/cordless-drill-drivers/gsr-1800-li/

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: Join in with your Power tools collection
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »
Great thread but I am currently unprepared to respond yet with pictures ( yes  I have four of them) .   :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 08:44:44 PM »
Thanks. When I was posting on this topic, I remembered myself im my primary steps at work and Ι felt a bit of emotion. Really every tool has its own story...If you like your job, you like your tools too.
Regarding your tool presentation , dont need to hurry. Take your time, and make a great presentation as usual.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »
Never thought to take pictures of my power drills, and I have to admit that by even starting doing so, I spend over an hour with its power drill so to restore it beauty by cleaning it, and even inspect the carbon brushes or even lubricate it.

Either way I am very proud for its and every one of them.
The blue TOSHIBA PDV-13R is the most reliable power drill that I own for 17 years, I have breath allot of cement by using it, but I bet my life to it.
The same age have also and the cordless BOSCH power drill which @Giorgos posted all ready a link.

The other two power drills are also very special, and they are inheritance from my father at 1985.
He was cars electrician, and this cornered B&D was needed for opening holes under the feathers of cars.
I bet that he was using then since 1964.

The AEG which stays on the stand is another remarkable tool, basically all of them are. 
Personally never replaced their carbon brushes from any of them up to date, even in them it hides the word quality.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

giorgos

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:05:09 PM »
Nice tools, old but reliable (I guess more than modern tools). Great heritage for anyone who owns tools like these.
I didnt know that Toshiba makes power drills (I only know Hitachi as a great manufacturer ) anyway it seems to have high quality and I guess that is your "flagship" ;)
Another important point if you own tools like these, is to maintenance them in order to keep them full functional any time, and Im sure that you are taking care of this.
The stand is also useful in any lab. I am thinking to buy a stand for my lab, to place there my old BOSCH PSB500
(If I will buy a cordless drill).
At last I would like to thank you for participate in my topic, Im glad that you find this topic interesting.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix