!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU ( Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog ).

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.  

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected. - Forum search engine this is disabled for Guests.  

Author Topic: History facts Tektronix DMM4050 & Fluke 8846A 6.5 digit warranty / repair 2019  (Read 755 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I have a note to share, especially for owners of 8846A within EU.
They can purchase a New Lens if they ever need it, at the cost of 12.50 EUR plus VAT of their country.
This information came to me from fresh appointed distributor of Fluke in Greece.
Part code 2454074   

Regarding Tektronix, soon I am going to receive price list of available spare parts for DMM4050, Lens, Front Boot, Handle, Banana inputs decal and Keyboard.

Today I did also receive tracking code of my Keysight parts for U1272A, Greek orthodox Passover holidays is on the way, therefore nothing moves at high speed. :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
This message it is official reply of
Tektronix / Keithley Europe regarding spare parts and repairs about their products.

Originally I did start my research, so to discover necessary spare parts codes so to order them from Tektronix / Keithley Europe.
We are talking here about cheap consumables (plastic handle, rubber boot, a rubber keyboard), the small things which easily may get damaged or get lost.

After two months time and several emails exchange with Tektronix / Keithley-Europe, the outcome this is an unorthodox reply.

Tektronix / Keithley Europe this has internal policy and this is not supplying a single spare part at consumer hands.
Tektronix / Keithley Europe, Product support team this has the expectation that its customer with a broken plastic handle, he will ship the instrument from Greece to Germany, him paying double shipping cost (send & return) ,  and total bill this including spare part value and labor fee.

While such policies they do find me against them, and personally I would never give my euro coin buying new equipment's from such brands, by these news I do feel happy.
I feel happy because with such policies those causing despair at current Tektronix / Keithley customers base, these people (customers) in their desperation they are now forced to settle for less (speaking of reselling value) on eBay or elsewhere regarding used equipment's.

In the past three years Tektronix / Keithley this replaced two presidents, and a third one just take over in April 2019, now it seems that no one was capable to foresee impact of their own decisions (company strategy) regarding influence of their planning in the market of used equipment which this is not under their control.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
These days I made good use of another SMART-trick that Fluke 8846A this is capable of.  :)

At memory menu you may store current configuration (user selection of range and impedance) and also set this as default power on configuration.

I am currently testing a Lithium battery pack of 6S configuration with BMS (25.2V).
By using 8846A -> store current configuration -> DCV range 100V and high impedance ,  I manage to keep auto-range out of the game, and measurements of 3V or 25V they are speed-ed up.
As long I am working with this specific project I will keep this boot-profile which this helps greatly my productivity !  ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Tektronix DMM4050 DMM4040 & Fluke 8846A 8845A firmware update experience
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2019, 09:54:26 AM »
I was forced to steal images from Asian forum and compose these two images.  :)
While on these DMM firmware development this ended 10 years ago, and no one will make use of posted information, even so this is a rare experience for us owning such DMM.

Fluke 8846/8845 Firmware documentation helped me to clarify that DMM with 100mA current input this is previews product than 23 August 2007.

ITTSB Links

Blog front page facebook ITTSB Blog - Donate Link General Data Protection Regulation GDPR

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions