!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU ( Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog ).

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.  

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected. - Forum search engine this is disabled for Guests.  

Author Topic: DMM4040 & DMM4050 Software - SignalExpress Tektronix Edition - How to 2019  (Read 39 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
This is a story about an electrician pulling his hair for a week, so him to discover what files to download and how to install them so to be able to evaluate data logging software user interface and tools of  SignalExpress Tektronix Edition LE (Limited Free Edition).

Theoretically Signal-Express Tektronix Edition this is delivered in the form of CD disc and this is included when you buying an Oscilloscope or a bench-top multimeter.

Originally Signal-Express Tektronix Edition this is one graphic interface which is part of Labview NI software which is a terribly complicate for end users and attractive to software developers as time saving platform (less coding for them).

My travel started due my wish to explore of what a Tektronix customer of DMM4040 or DMM4050 he gets as data logging software by purchasing one of these multimeters.

I did not have any DMM4000 series CD disc and I had to find download links for it.
While I do have visitor account at Tektronix website, it was tremendously difficult to find the most important download link that is SignalExpress Tektronix Edition.
Instead, Tektronix website search results it was pointing me at  --  LABVIEW SignalExpress Step for DMM4040 and DMM4050 v1.0.1 --  This is software patch an driver and support files so Signal-Express to be able to discover and use this hardware.

In my disappointment I did download from NI website latest SignalExpress 2015 , this is a huge 1GB download a full size LABVIEW which includes enormous quantity of software, and SignalExpress this is just a small portion of it.
I got scared because this installation it did take over my Windows XP Pro operating system, several Microsoft files in it and NI software started to auto-start and slowed down my highly productive workstation.   
I had no other choice than removing this pile of software and to restore my PC configuration as it was.

Then I thought and I did, contact Tektronix authorized re-seller in Greece, neither him was able to deliver much of help, he contacted Tektronix UK, they told us that they do not sell software licenses any more, and they deliver a web link about SIGEXPTE  (Labview version sold by Tek) this not including any software download.

I started searching again using Google this time, and I came across of Tektronix web-page which delivers download link of older NI SIGNALEXPRESS TEKTRONIX EDITION v2.5.1 for oscilloscope owners.
This is a download of 650Mb.

Next step which I had to discover all by my self was that after installing this software, that I was had to also install and the second 5Mb file for multimeters support, and finally I did succeed having installed software pack included within DMM4040 and DMM4050 CD disc.
SignalExpress v2.5.1 this is much friendlier version for windows XP PRO 32bit OS, does not slowdown my PC, and I am somewhat happy that my wish touching this software come true even if I had to pool my hairs for ten days, because TEK website this is poorly configured when you search for DMM software.
Neither I am happy with TEK UK customer support.
Our original question was how we can purchase original CD software for DMM 4000 series?
They seemed identically confused, by not thinking that SignalExpress v2.5.1 this is software for their Oscilloscopes’ and their DMM.

The cherry over the pie this is that even FREE registration of SignalExpress LE, this fails because possibly NI server this is no more configured accepting v2.5.1 licenses.
Now I am going to try my luck about trying to register my FREE copy by email.

For ITTSB Blog visitors I took several screenshots for you to also have a look of my fresh adventure.  :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: DMM4040 & DMM4050 Software - SignalExpress Tektronix Edition - How to 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:20:59 PM »
Adding software support for DMM4040 & DMM4050 at SignalExpress Tektronix Edition.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: DMM4040 & DMM4050 Software - SignalExpress Tektronix Edition - How to 2019
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:45:15 PM »
NI Product Activation Link   

Product:: Signal Express for Tek
Version:: 2.5

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

priniotakis.gr - Electronics division protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.