!!

Welcome to ITTSB Forum, extension and content sharing platform of ITTSB.EU ( Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog ).

Registration this is Free, to support this Blog please use our donation links available in our Blog page and forum.  

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected. - Forum search engine this is disabled for Guests.  

Author Topic: DER EE / DER-5000 LCR Review - ( Dec 29 2012) Add your comments  (Read 6313 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
DER EE / DER-5000 LCR Review - ( Dec 29 2012) Add your comments
« on: December 30, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »
This topic is here to host your comments about the review of the DER EE / DE-5000 LCR.

ITTSB Blog DER-5000 LCR  Review

I like to add few thoughts regarding the measurements that I did in the DCR mode.
And more specifically regarding the ultimate accuracy specifications of both meters in the 2 Ohms range in DCR and Rs parameter.

Mode : U1733C |  DE-5000   
DCR   : 0.7% + 50 |1.0%+3
Rs 100KHz : 1.0% + 50 | 2.0%+3

By adding manually the 50 counts which Agilent specifies at the 2 Ohm range in my recorded measurements the result makes more sense.

Either way the questionably part is not the final accuracy, but the over all behavior of the meter it self.

I did my tests in a room with 15 to 16 Celsius when the base accuracy specifications are  23°C ± 5°C, <75% R.H.
Regarding the operating environment specifications.
U1733C / Operating temperature from –10 °C to 55 °C, 0% to 80% RH
DE-5000 / Operating Temperature 0°C to 50°C  0-70% R.H.

I believe that even the demanding readers they can tell that my measurements and the result are in the safe side, or better said very close to the expected values.

Even so what I value more in a meter is the over all stability and settle time, which are far important regarding productivity and speed.

My own criticism regarding my own evaluation would be the words:
Not bad for been written by a Electrician ;)

I do welcome comments and questions, and I will do my best to reply even if I do not have all the answers.     

Best Regards.
Kiriakos Triantafillou 

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: DER EE / DER-5000 LCR Review Add your comments ! (29 Dec 2012)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 10:59:40 PM »
In the begging of 2013 and after the review,  it came in my attention the safety inspections of RAPEX in Europe.

(RAPEX is the EU rapid alert system that facilitates the rapid exchange of information between Member States and the Commission on measures taken to prevent or restrict the marketing or use of products posing a serious risk to the health and safety of consumers)

It looks that those inspections are hunting down among other products and the pulsing power supply.
Regarding matters of creepage between primary & secondary circuit, also the quality of the insulation, and even the quality of the exterior plastics.   

The above story motivated me to search a bit further for information's regarding the power supply that came with the instrument.
GS2T-006-090-B1

And I found the manufacturer in Taiwan which is specialized for IT Grade Switching Adapter and Medical Power Supply.

My findings made me extremely happy as quality lover that I am.  ;)

This is the web site of Good Opportunity Electronic Co,. Ltd. (GOE)
http://www.goepowers.com/company-profile.htm

GS2T-006-090-A1[/b] Product page.
http://www.goepowers.com/6W-Series.htm

Naturally my curiosity is itching me to learn the differences of the xxx-A1 with the xxx-B1 which is the one that came to me, and one email will be send to GOE shortly, with my congratulations, salutations and my question too.  :)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

ITTSB Links

Blog YouTube facebook twitter PayPal Donate Link

ITTSB Blog Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions

2017 Review samples received by

HIOKI EE Corporation - Japan Times Electronics ltd UK Vishay Foil Resistors POWERTRON resistors - VPG DER EE Electrical Instrument Co., Ltd.