!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept members of 17 years old and above.  

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice:  All content of this web site this is copyright protected. - Forum search engine this is disabled for Guests.  

Author Topic: Ebike battery 36V 10 Ah HW-RH05 with HW-YJ-12 BMS & 38120LE (Tear down)  (Read 6575 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
The modification of my regular bicycle to ebike is one of my active projects.

HW-RH05 is the only one rear rack battery case capable to host those Headway Lifepo4 38120LE and 38120S.
The specific battery  now belong to me after an single combat over eBay.
The battery was listed as damaged by a young man. 
By it arrival from Germany, I had to open it for cells inspection, BMS Inspection, cells balancing inspection.

I did not liked the fact that MOSFET was with out heat-sink,  with lots of work and patience I did manage to convert an regular heat-sink at the necessary shape and dimensions.
Even added some very high quality thermal paste and the result speaks by it self.  ;)
The first properly cooled HW-YJ-12 BMS is a fact and Greek patent.  ;D

HW-YJ-12 BMS basic specifications:
12S Lifepo4
Charge:10A Max
Max continuous discharging current :16A
Charging voltage DC:43.8V

Headway Lifepo4 38120LE is a special new type LiFepo4, it dimensions is huge compared to 18650 standard Li-po. 

After 24 hours of tests, measurements, charging, balancing, improvements, I am finally ready to close it top cover and start using it.
Current status twelve cells in great condition and undamaged, BMS in great shape too.

What seemed as problematic was the charger that came with it, but this is another story, which will be hosted in another topic.   ;)

Enjoy the pictures.
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Re: Ebike battery 36V 10 Ah HW-RH05 with HW-YJ-12 BMS & 38120LE (Tear down)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 05:16:03 AM »
 8)

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Tomjasz

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 10:20:38 AM »
I really like that Headway battery case and rear rack. Both appear to be very strong and well made! You have made me look closer at Headway batteries. For now I have good NMC batteries from EM3ev, but I have another project in mind.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
I did fall in love by the first sight with this specific rear rack.
But it availability in Europe is almost zero.
One thieve in Germany are selling it for 570EUR as new.

I got very lucky, very - very - lucky, by getting it as used from a young man who was very disappointed from the arise troubles coming by his KIT ( a small 250W hub with planetary gears).

ITTSB.EU Blog Links

ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship General Data Protection Regulation GDPR TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog Supporters - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Clean Up and Customize Facebook Portal of city Volos - Greece Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix