!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: 2017 - ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U  (Read 29350 times)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Re: 2017 - ITTSB project: Assembly of a Variac Powerstat 226U
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »
Today I had the arrival of last and significant piece of my puzzle.  :)

I am impressed of what Chinese industry deliver for 1/3 of the price of what you get from International brands them also using China as manufacturing base. 
The product LW28-20/3 ( GB14048.5 ) this is 7.5KW  15A  AC-23 = inductive loads
Comes with certification.

I am going to use it about switching between two connectivity modes of VARIAC Transformer. 
Mode 1:  0 ~ 230V  = LINE connection 
Mode 2:  0 ~270V =  BOOST connection 
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Only place for me having my own Shopping Therapy  ---- This is the hardware store ;)

There is the proper way for Cutting a Square Hole in an Electrical Enclosure

But highest secret this is the quality of masking tape it self,  it must be 100% glue residue Free, and it must be perfectly flat.
I am always using TESA 4435 outdoor UV, and I am 100% satisfied !

I did the mistake to order Blue tape from Ebay - China, and I got a plain garbage which costed me 5 EUR and it is close to unusable ( (it is not glue residue free) .  >:(
Today I did manage to find the real thing and I am extremely happy.  8)
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

giorgos

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 01:37:46 PM »

I am impressed of what Chinese industry deliver for 1/3 of the price of what you get from International brands them also using China as manufacturing base. 

I am going to use it about switching between two connectivity modes of VARIAC Transformer. 

These international brands are ussually demands some quality production standards when they are choosing China for production (e.g. Apple , Sony Philips etc) Conversely purely chinese brands doesnt follow these standards, thats why the lower cost and many times low reliability.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »

These international brands are usually demands some quality production standards when they are choosing China for production (e.g. Apple , Sony Philips etc) Conversely purely Chinese brands doesnt follow these standards, thats why the lower cost and many times low reliability.

I am very close to support the contrary in 2017,  China does not need paying for re-branded goods when their own production this is certified and tested according to domestic and international quality standards.

Additionally I will say that such specific products they do not aim consumers households, in such items for industrial use any product selection this is made from electrician engineers.
Regarding longevity (life cycle) not all electrical circuits are made for frequent manual control.
Specific product (switch ) this comes with supplied documentation this predicting life cycle at full power load and frequency of daily use.

In the end of the day, I did my selection by shopping for the appropriate item this able to handle one specific application, by me taking the time to select the appropriate item.
They are others (electrician installers)  shopping industrial parts and be careless, and live by the hope that what ever they will order, this will be able to sustain crazy overloads and unlimited misuse.

Now because distance this is long ( China to Greece ) all that I am possibly missing this is product warranty in the event that this part suffering from production error issue.
I did my own inspection by measuring contacts resistance and I did not find any fault.

WEB site
http://www.glele.com/?products_42/309.html

Product PDF
http://www.glele.com/static/upload/file/20210617/1623928954577848.pdf

Panel mount switch technical parameters ( AC-23 AC-22 AC-3) IEC 60947-3
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1252.0

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 08:40:11 PM »
I can now assume that all major parts for this upcoming project they are landed in Greece.  :)

Feel free to see detailed Panel meters unboxing topic.  http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1270.0

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 11:30:43 AM »
They are still a few less significant bits that did not arrived at my mail box yet.
But sooner or later they will.   ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »
Gentlemen  8) with huge pride I am presenting pictures of what a real professional brush this can do regarding scuff marks removal.
This is 120 Grit and I am after classic aluminum surface ( clean - But not polished to mirror finish ).

This is my Before / After test, and the outcome this is amazing.    ;D

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »
Ready for the next level  ;) 

Drilling holes and parts installation.   

giorgos

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
Very nice finish!
 I have not ever work with this kind of tool, anyway I think that most important point for this procedure,is to keep brush in stable angle, and pressure on aluminium surface.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »
Actually they are involved allot more details.

Brush alone with axle this is half kilo of weight ... Rotation RPM .... weight of power tool it self ... stable hands and control.
Actually there is dedicated power tool just for this brush, with metal handle and shield against particles.
I could not afford paying around 300E for it, I do not do mass production this justifying cost of ownership.

While I am making the case for the Variac,  Variac transformer this is all ready working in to a wooden test box.
And Variac worked at helping me at controlling power drill RPM   ;)

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »
After 10 hours so far of workflow I am finally ready to start working at front panel.  ;)
When metal work this is over, next step this is a paint-job.

Offline Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 05:58:09 PM »
95% of machinist work this is completed and I am getting closer to finish line   8)

For now it looks as this to be a magic picture this getting assembled slowly as the project this moves ahead.

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix