!!

Welcome to our Forum, extension and content sharing platform of Electrical Test and Measurement Product Reviews Blog.

Registration this is Free, we accept contributors of 17 years old and above. We do not accept registration with Gmail

Active since 7 June 2012  

Copyright Notice: Entire ITTSB.EU content & images they are copyright protected. - Forum search engine disabled to Guests - No need of you using Adblock software.

Author Topic: Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse - PixArt PAW3389PRO-MS 16K Sensor Win7 compatibility  (Read 2555 times)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
  • job title: Industrial Maintenance Electrician
I am getting ready to conduct a new experiment.

Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse - PixArt PAW3389PRO-MS sensor, this is released technology of May 2019.
But Microsoft also decided to kill Windows 7 product support much earlier, by discouraging hardware makers about them writing specific drivers for Win7. 

By decision I own and use Win7 Pro 64bit Retail (Yes carton box included too)  :)
And I am now after getting a modern mouse with fresh sensor,  I do allot of use of Adobe Photoshop and a bit of gaming too.
My ancient but build as a tank, Logitech MX510 this can hardly make it any more.

Later made Logitech MX518 this is a product failure, first ordered product defective in 30 minutes, and new replacement product after RMA, and this partially defective at scroll wheel mechanism too.
Both mouse production of 2020.
Therefore my fresh engagement with Logitech products this is today an incident of the far past.

Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse, this is a product which many liked allot, but few are aware of it.
When Microsoft displeases computing society, with their decisions about operating system life cycle, then there is no much enthusiasm left so some one to talk in favor of their keyboards and mouse, no matter if they have shown as very reliable within past two decades.

Last known Microsoft software ( Mouse and Keyboard Center 3.0 ) (Year 2017) this is compatible to Win7.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55977
But Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse this came out at 2019.

My new challenge this is the discovery of how much undocumented compatibility it is there, between  ( Mouse and Keyboard Center 3.0 ) and Microsoft Pro IntelliMouse as hardware.
In the worst scenario I will be simply unable to bump the DPI to higher than default preset.

Either way for the moment I do remain optimistic, and I am waiting patiently for the arrival of my fresh Light Shadow High-Tech mouse  :)
My shopping list also includes and two Microsoft 600 wired keyboards.

Because the toys of Corsair and Logitech, they are not made for typing, but to impress the inexperienced ones due the use of cheap LED lights.   
WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.
The content of this Web site is copyright protected

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
Issue of software compatibility this is now solved.
Lack of imagination or other, the software installer this is poorly made.

Mouse and Keyboard Center of higher version than 11.1, this requires .NET framework of 4.8
Older Mouse and Keyboard Center of 11.1 or older this requires .NET framework of 4.6

After .NET framework upgrade to 4.8 the latest software MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_13.250 (Feb 2021) this were installed at Win7 64bit.

WWW.ITTSB.EU   Industrial Test Tools Scoreboard  (Product Reviews Blog) / Editor in Chief.

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
A bit of background research about PixArt Imaging Inc. and of PMW3389DM-T3QU sensor (datasheet) .  :)

Online Kiriakos GR

• Administrator
    • ittsb.eu
The moment of truth arrived.  8)

My benchmark this is EA Battlefield V (five), this thing its powerful enough to kill any PC system with weak power supply.
I did mouse calibration at 1300 dpi and using 1300 dpi at desktop and at gaming.
Adobe Photoshop this is a very good benchmark about if your mouse this is truly usable... and the mouse did pass this test with flags waving and drums playing songs.

At Battlefield V, you are a user of several army gear, anti-aircraft machine-gun, this is requiring top mouse performance, or else you will end up with a bomb as hat.
I did shoot down many today, and the mouse never ever quit on me, or even had a moment of hesitation due CPU load, and or game scene overloaded by graphics and or a driver issue.

Intellimouse Pro, this has internal programmable chip with it own hard-drive :) (SSD one) LOL, all settings as dpi and or calibration and even the selection of tail light color, all they are permanently stored and retained even if the computer this is powered off.

There is no need to load the Mouse-Keyboard-Center app (at system start up), and therefore there is no active waste of system memory, as it happens with Logitech and or Corsair software, which if this is not loaded? then the hardware does not know of what settings to use.  ???

ITTSB.EU Blog

General Data Protection Regulation GDPR ITTSB.EU Home Page Reward us by a Donation - Sponsorship TsDMMViewer Data Logger for FLUKE 884xA

ITTSB Blog - Sponsors

protosnet.com - Internet solutions FLUKE benchtop DMM Repair Services

Recommended Links

Hellenic Accreditation System E.SY.D. Portal of city Volos - Greece Clean Up and Customize Facebook Firefox Backup Tool 32bit / 64 bit Winaero Tweaker = Win7 Fonts size fix